I still can’t believe I’ve been to Santorini, I remember scrolling down on my Instagram feed seeing bloggers or celebrities photos and dreaming I could be there. Still can’t believe I’ve been to Santorini, no other destination has been able to top it. I decided to create a list of things to help those who are planning on visiting Santorini.
Things to do in Santorini:
- I suggest hiring a quod bike instead of a car, its roughly the same price and the island is small so you really don’t need a car.
- Visit the volcanos, check Tholos Naftilos for a cool experience.
- Watch the sunset in Oia, get there early for a good spot because it quickly fills up with people.
- If your hotel room has a pool then watch the sunset from there, its an awesome experience.
- Visit the Ancient Thera, a antique city on a high Messavouno mountain.
- Visit Akrotiri Lighthouse located on the extreme southwest part of the island. Perfect if you want a quieter place to watch the sunset.
- If you like history/culture check out Episkopi Gonias a village near the Capital of Fira. Village was almost destroyed by an earthquake in 1956, as a result residents moved near the coast. You can still see buildings where residents lived as well as a breathtaking view of Santorini.
- Visit Ekklisia Theoskepasti. Great view from the middle of the island, walk down and you’ll see a chapel on the edge.
- Just relax and take the breathtaking views in.
We only spent 3 nights and 4 days in Santorini and we felt like that was enough for a weekend away. Honestly it has to be the most relaxed holiday I’ve ever had, you’d be surprised how peaceful it feels even thought it can get packed with people. Make sure to check out all my Santorini posts so you can see what I’ve been up to and also get some ideas if you do end up deciding to visit. –link–